The Hiking Club

The Hiking Club both hikes and sneaks. We will describe our adventures in the most enlightening way possible.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

pies and nausea

I spent my Labor (note the lack of u...suck it, Australia) Day weekend doing some Hiking Club-like things. Saturday I made two pies and took them to a potluck. While at the potluck, I ate 7-layer dip, pie, and roughly 3 entire red peppers from the vegetable platter. And chowder. Or chowdah, as I like to say.

Sunday I went to the coast. I got a little green on the boat, especially when Damo started throwing up over the side, but I made it back to town ready to do some eating. We went to Husky's Pub, which was an auspicious name for a HC like event. I ate a burger (sans beetroot, which is in fact as disgusting as it sounds), so I did not maintain my HC credentials, but a guy sitting across from me ate wedges, spring rolls, and fried calamari. It was quite an impressive ingestion of grease in a short time. Then they all went out for ice cream, but I'd been up since 3:15 am and still had 3.5 hours of driving between me and home so I wussed out.

Basically I'm all talk and no action on the eating front, sadly.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home